Welcome to Brain Treatment Partners of Oklahoma City.
Angie has been serving patients with Depression, Anxiety, Autism, Traumatic Brain Injuries, and Post-traumatic Stress disorder for over a year now and truly believes in the benefits of MeRT and the positive impact that it has on her patients. We are lucky to have her, and our patients feel the same way!
Our Managing Director
Spencer Miller, MD – Neurologist
Angie Turney, LPN, wears many hats at our Brain Treatment clinic in Oklahoma City! She is the Managing Director and our neuro technician here at the clinic.
As a neuro technician, Angie administers all EEGs and treatments for our patients. Because of her passion for working with both children and adults, she has a gift of making everyone feel at home while receiving treatment at the clinic.
Angie has been a nurse in Oklahoma for 24 years. She completed her Brain Treatment Center training in Newport Beach, California, in July 2019. She’s worked in several areas of healthcare but truly believes she has found her calling in working with Brain Treatment patients and their families.
Having been a Court-Appointed Special Advocate for eight years in Oklahoma, her empathy for children in special circumstances runs deep. Angie has served as a foster and adoptive parent and loves all aspects of working with children and families. Making all of her patients feel like family is her goal.
Research and Professional Experience
AMMED Joint Forces Neurology Education Conference Tacoma, Washington.
AMMED Joint Forces Neurology Education Conference San Antonio, Texas.
Penry Epilepsy Mini-fellowship at Wake Forest Winston Salem, North Carolina Wake Forest University Winston Salem, North Carolina.
University of Mississippi School of Medicine Jackson, Mississippi Department of Institutional Research – CurrMITT Committee Member. Designed curriculum data entry format and reporting for web-based statistical program.
University of Mississippi School of Medicine Jackson, Mississippi – Department of Surgery – Transplant Immunogenetics – American Cancer Society Grant. Identified pathological findings by laser-based Raman and FT-IR spectroscopy in breast tissue; Compared this tissue with the molecular markers associated with breast cancer in an effort to detect and differentiate cancerous breast tissue earlier than with standard histological methods.
Hospital Benjamin Bloom de Oncología San Salvador, El Salvador – Dept of Infectious Disease – International Outreach Program of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Formulated the detailed grading system for evaluating hand-washing techniques in this El Salvador hospital environment and anonymously recorded the handwashing practices of medical personnel in the pediatric oncology ICU for a statistics-guided educational program for the medical auxiliary.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Memphis, Tennessee – Department of Biochemistry – Professional Oncology Education Program. Researcher in the laboratory of Dr. Richard Kriwacki (Structural Biology)
Studied the expression/characterization of molecular structure as it relates to function and nuclear magnetic resonance structural analysis of c-Qin (Avian Sarcoma Virus 31).
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Memphis, Tennessee. Department of Biochemistry – Professional Oncology Education Program. Researcher in the laboratory of Dr. Richard Kriwacki (Structural Biology)
Studied the relationship of a mutation in the c-Qin Winged Helix Domain (WHD) structure and how it translates into oncogenicity, v-Qin (Avian Sarcoma Virus 31).
Dr. Spencer O. Miller is a well-respected and highly esteemed Neurologist who practices both in Texas and Oklahoma. He is the Medical Director of Brain Treatment Partners OK. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and has been in practice for 15 years, 5 of which were in the US Air Force, where he saw many serious head injuries, and cases of PTSD and TBI.
Dr. Miller now specializes in MeRTSM (Magnetic e-Resonance Therapy) for the treatment of autism, traumatic brain injury, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and multiple other neurological conditions.
He also speaks multiple languages, including Spanish.
Education & Honors
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Neurology Residency, Jul ’05 – Jun ’09. Chief Neurology Resident. Jul ’08 – Jun ’09.
University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Obtained M.D. May 2005 as a Surgery Scholars Student. American Cancer Society Summer Research Assistant Grant – Aug ’00-May ‘05.
Louisiana State University, Summa Cum Laude with Bachelor of Science and Honors in Microbiology. The Charles S. McCleskey Scholarship for Excellence in Microbiology.
The College of Basic Sciences Outstanding Academic Achievement Award The Honors College Sophomore Honors Distinction Award. Member of the Pre-medical Honor Society Alpha Epsilon Delta – Aug ’96-Dec ’99.
University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi. Early admission to McDonnell-Barksdale Honors College. Outstanding Student Scholarship Award – Jul ’95–May ’96.
Previous Employment & Appointments
North Mississippi Medical Center – Chief Neurohospitalist. Neurohospitalist Subdivision of Hospitalist Department. Tupelo, Mississippi. (Jul ’14 – Aug ‘15)
Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center – Chief Neurologist / Director of Sleep Clinic, Neurology Department. Active Duty Major, United States Air Force, Medical Corp. Nellis AFB, Nevada. Aug ’09 – Jun ’14
Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences – Teaching Fellow, Neurology Department. Bethesda, Maryland. Sep ’13 – Jun ’14
Nevada Neurosciences Institute – Staff Neurohospitalist Department of Neurology. Las Vegas, Nevada. Oct ’09 – Mar ‘15
Certifications & Licensure
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Certification Number: 58277
Duke Health, Visiting Fellowship in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, completed January 27, 2020
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- NMMC Rehab Physician of the Year – North Mississippi Medical Center, 2015
- Top Doctors – Vegas INC Healthcare Quarterly Publication, 2014
- Nellis Adjunct Faculty of the Year – Nellis AFB, MOFMC, 2013
Publications & Presentations
- Incorporating cytochrome P450 3A4 genotype expression and FT-IR/Raman spectroscopy data as means of identification of breast tumors. Miller, S.O., Ewing, G.P., Howard, C., Tachikawa, H., Bigler, S.A., Barber, W.H., Angel, M., McDaniel, D.O.; Biomed Sci Instrum. 2003. 2 citations
- Measurement of Intraocular and Intracranial Pressure: Is There a Relationship? Kirk, T., Jones, K., Miller, S., Corbett, J., Annals of Neurology, 1/1/2011
- Incorporating Cytochrome P450 3A4 genotype expression and FT-IR/ Raman spectroscopy data as a means of identification of breast tumors Miller, S.O., Ewing, G.P., Howard, C.M., Tachikawa, H., Bigler, S.A., Barber, W.H., Angel, M., McDaniel, D.O., The American Journal of Human Genetics, 1/1/2002
- Effective Gathering of Complex Information in an International Environment: Addressing Late Diagnosis of Pediatric Oncology Patients Freeman, E.N. and Miller, S.O., Annual Journal of the International Academy of Business Disciplines, 1/1/2000
- Incorporating Cytochrome P450 3A4 genotype expression and FT-IR/ Raman spectroscopy data as a means of identification of breast tumors. Miller, S.O., Ewing, G.P., Howard, C.M., Tachikawa, H., Bigler, S.A., Barber, W.H., Angel, M., McDaniel, D.O., 40th Annual Rocky Mountain Bioengineering Symposium and the 40th International ISA Biochemical Sciences Instrumentation Symposium, Biloxi, MS, 1/1/2003
- Incorporating Cytochrome P450 3A4 genotype expression and FT-IR/ Raman spectroscopy data as a means of identification of breast tumors. Miller, S.O., Ewing, G.P., Howard, C.M., Tachikawa, H., Bigler, S.A., Barber, W.H., Angel, M., McDaniel, D.O., Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics, Baltimore, MD, 1/1/2002
- Effective Gathering of Complex Information in an International Environment: Addressing Late Diagnosis of Pediatric Oncology Patients. Freeman, E.N. and Miller, S.O., 12th annual meeting for the International Academy of Business Disciplines, Las Vegas, NV, 1/1/2000
Spencer Miller, MD – Neurologist
Contact us today. We Are Here to Help.
Call our New Patient Coordinator for more info:
Call Us (405)-254-0812
7301 Broadway Ext, Ste. 120
Oklahoma City, OK 73116